- Augusta of Hesse-Kassel was the daughter of Prince Frederick of Hesse-Kassel and Princess Caroline of Nassau-Usingen. His grandmother was Princess Mary of Great Britain, daughter of King George II of Great Britain. She was the wife of Prince Adolphus, Duke of Cambridge.
- Catherine Middleton is the daughter of Michael Francis Middleton and Carole Goldsmith. Her great-grandmother was Olive Middleton (née Lupton) who grew up at her family's Potternewton Hall Estate, near Leeds, as had her father and his first cousin Baroness von Schunck (née Kate Lupton). The Duchess's husband is Prince William, Duke of Cambridge. Her Middleton relatives were reported as having played host to British royalty "as long ago as 1926".
- Rayner, Gordon. 'Middle-class' Duchess of Cambridge's relative wore crown and attended George V's coronation. UK Daily Telegraph. 13 September 2013 [29 September 2016]. （原始内容存档于2016-04-26）.
Two of her father Michael’s relations were baronesses who were invited to successive coronations, and one of them, Baroness Airedale, was photographed wearing a coronet and ceremonial robes on the day of George V’s coronation in 1911.....some of the family wealth trickled down to the Duchess and her siblings through trust funds set up decades ago to pay for the education of members of the family
- Kate Middleton Biography Duchess (1982-). A&E Television Networks, LLC. [29 September 2016]. （原始内容存档于2016-10-01）.
It was on this job at British Airways that Carole met Michael Middleton, a dispatcher, whose wealthy family hails from Leeds and which has ties to British aristocracy.
- Smith, Sean. Kate - A Biography of Kate Middleton. Simon and Schuster. 24 May 2011 [1 May 2016]. （原始内容存档于2018-11-16）.
...family trusts were set up over 100 years ago..."(Middleton's ) family were upper-middle-class observed a family friend"...
- Gutteridge, Nick. PICTURED: Kate's great grandmother and her own extraordinary contribution to Britain's war. Daily Express (UK). 2 July 2016 [9 July 2016]. （原始内容存档于2019-10-21）.
She (Olive Middleton, née Lupton) grew up in opulent surroundings at the family's ancestral seat of Potternewton Hall Estate, near Leeds in Yorkshire, after being born into one of the pre-eminent families of her time.
- Gutteridge, Nick. Kate's hero relative died at the Somme after signing up to fight alongside Diana's grandad. Daily Express. 2 July 2016 [2 July 2016]. （原始内容存档于2020-07-16）.
During the war Olive herself served as a volunteer nurse at Gledhow Hall, the ancestral seat of her cousin, Baroness Airedale, which had been converted into a field hospital....Baroness Airedale, (pictured), worked alongside her cousin, Olive Middleton, Kate's great-grandmother...
- Reed, Michael. Gledhow Hall. House and Heritage - David Poole. 2016 [15 August 2016]. （原始内容存档于2016-09-06）.
- Wilson, Christopher. The Middletons deserve a title, step forward the Earl and Countess of Fairfax. UK Daily Telegraph. 26 July 2013 [24 June 2016]. （原始内容存档于2016-05-07）.
As long ago as 1926, the Middleton family played host to the Queen's aunt, Princess Mary and another relative ... was a friend of George V
- Headrow, Permanent House. Leodis – a Photographic Archive of Leeds. City of Leeds UK Gov. [24 June 2016]. （原始内容存档于2016-07-01）.
As Chairman of the Leeds General Infirmary, Henry (Dubs Middleton) had played host to Princess Mary when she visited the Leeds General Infirmary in 1932