- 若计入方言，则有上千种。根据1991的普查，共有“1576种母语”可以被进一步归入单独的语言（Indian Census 互联网档案馆的存檔，存档日期2007-08-12.）
- Presidential Order, 1960. Ministry of Home Affairs，印度政府. 1960年4月27日 [4 February 2010]. （原始内容存档于2009年12月12日）.
- 参见：存档副本 (PDF). [2014-05-19]. （原始内容 (PDF)存档于2014-09-09）. PART XVII (OFFICIAL LANGUAGE)
- There's no national language in India: Gujarat High Court
- Official 2001 census data 互联网档案馆的存檔，存档日期2012-02-06.
- 存档副本. [2014-10-10]. （原始内容存档于2014-01-06）.
- The 2001 census records two figures, of 258 million and 442 million "Hindi" speakers. However, both figures include languages other than Standard Hindi, such as Rajasthani (ca. 80 million in independent estimates), Bhojpuri (40 million), Awadhi (38 million), Chhattisgarhi (18 million), and dozens of other languages with a million to over ten million speakers apiece. The figure of 422 million specifically includes all such people, whereas the figure of 258 depends on speaker identification as recorded in the census. For example, of the estimated 38 million Awadhi speakers, only 2½ million gave their language as "Awadhi", with the rest apparently giving it as "Hindi"[來源請求] , and of the approximately 80 million Rajasthani speakers, only 18 million were counted separately[來源請求]. Maithili, listed as a separate language in the 2001 census but previously considered a dialect of Hindi, also appeared to be severely undercounted.[來源請求]
- 7.6 per Ethnologue
- 32 in India in 2000 per Ethnologue
- India sets up classical languages. BBC. 2004-09-17 [2007-05-01].
- Declaration of Telugu and Kannada as classical languages. Press Information Bureau. Ministry of Tourism and Culture，印度政府. [2008-10-31]. （原始内容存档于2008-12-16）.
- ‘Classical’ status for Malayalam. Thiruvananthapuram, India: The Hindu. 24 May 2013 [25 May 2013].
- Odia gets classical language status. The Hindu. 20 February 2014 [20 February 2014].
- Milestone for state as Odia gets classical language status. The Times of India.
- Constitution of India, Part XVII.—Official Language.—Art. 351. Page 217 互联网档案馆的存檔，存档日期2014-09-09. Quote: "It shall be the duty of the Union to promote the spread of the Hindi language, to develop it so that it may serve as a medium of expression for all the elements of the composite culture of India and to secure its enrichment by assimilating without interfering with its genius, the forms, style and expressions used in Hindustani and in the other languages of India specified in the Eighth Schedule, and by drawing, wherever necessary or desirable, for its vocabulary, primarily on Sanskrit and secondarily on other languages."
- CLASSICAL LANGUAGE STATUS TO KANNADA. Press Information Bureau，印度政府. 2006-08-08 [2008-11-06].
- Indian Institute of Technology, IIT, IIT-JEE, Joint Entrance Examination, IITJEE, IIT JEE, IIT Delhi, Chennai, Guwahati, Mumbai, Kanapur, Kharagpur, Roorkee, Screening Test, Main Examination 互联网档案馆的存檔，存档日期2010-04-30.
- Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 MSBSHSE 12th Arts, Commerce, Science and Vocational Stream Results Date
- PSEB 12th Result 2015 Punjab Senior Secondary Board 10+2
- Distribution of languages in India
- Languages of India (SIL Ethnologue list)
- Languages and Scripts of India
- Reconciling Linguistic Diversity: The History and the Future of Language Policy in India by Jason Baldridge
- Words and phrases in 26 Indian languages
- Titus - Languages of India
- Diversity of Languages in India
- KeyTrans Hindi intelligent transliteration email and spell check
- Official webpage explains the chronological events related to Official Languages Act and amendments
- A comprehensive federal government site that offers complete info on Indian Languages
- Ethnologue Ethnologue report on the languages of India
- Technology Development for Indian Languages, Government of India
- [http://india.gov.in/knowindia/india_at_a_glance.php The Official Portal of the Indian Government