|• 总计||75.8 平方公里（29.3 平方英里）|
|海拔||275 米（902 英尺）|
市政的徽章图案是 Gules，银色十字在四个字母"L", "V", "G" 和 "A" (严格遵守这四个位置)。徽章图案发源于大约1200年。这四个字母是 Lugano 的缩写。
- History of the City. City of Lugano. [18 February 2009].
- Lugano (commune)在線上《瑞士歷史辭典》中的德文、法文或義大利文版詞條。
- Stefano Vassere, I nomi di luogo - L'origine del nome di Lugano 互联网档案馆的存檔，存档日期31 August 2011. (1993)
- Gili-Vassere,[需要解释] 2000-2001, 33-37.
- Lugus: a pan-Celtic god (The Shining One or The Shadowy One). 2013-05-18 [2017-07-03]. （原始内容存档于2013-05-18）.
- Lugano commune (Ticino canton, Switzerland). Flags of the World Website. [20 July 2012]. "Gastone Cambin in the armorial of the communes of Tessin says that there has been a lot of strange conjectures about the meaning of the letters LUGA. It is obvious that they are simply the abbreviation of Lugano as it is proved by the primitive coat of arms of the parish, and which is confirmed by documents from 18 October 1208 and 14 November 1209, preserved once in the monastery of Sant'Amborgio of Milan but now undiscoverable. Cambin never alludes to 'La Vera Giustizia Antica' in his approach of the coat of arms of Lugano and I'm inclined to think that the meaning quoted by Mr. Huber [who submitted this interpretation on 30 April 2002] has expanded recently but without solid background." Pascal Gross, 2 May 2002