美国国防分析研究所 （英語：Institute for Defense Analyses）以英文简称IDA著称于世，是一家美国非营利性机构，于1956年成立，总部位于弗吉尼亚州亚历山大市，负责管理系统与分析中心、科学与技术政策研究所以及通信与计算中心等三个联邦政府资助的研发中心，其宗旨是协助美国政府解决国家安全问题特别是那些需要科学和技术专家才能解决的的问题。
- ^ 张群; 杨新泉. 运营管理. 清华大学出版社有限公司. 2006: 45–. ISBN 978-7-81082-653-2.
- ^ The Institute is generally known by its acronym, "IDA." Per Vance, Burt. "IDA." A Dictionary of Abbreviations. : Oxford University Press. Oxford Reference. 2011. Date Accessed 21 Apr. 2014. And also Ann Finkbeiner, The Jasons: The Secret History of Science's Postwar Elite. New York: Penguin Books, 2007, p. 36.
- ^ The birth of IDA was due to the failure of WSEG to attract top talent or compete with the RAND Corporation, which had been established at the same time as RAND. IDA was designed to be able to pay its employees higher salaries and operate with greater independence than those on the federal payroll. See Paul E. Ceruzzi, Internet Alley: High Technology in Tyson's Corner, 1945–2005. Cambridge, Mass.: MIT Press, 2008, pp. 44–48. According to a report for Congress which summarizes the founding of IDA, "There was considerable concern in the early and mid-1950s that [WSEG] was not performing effectively, so the Institute for Defense Analyses (IDA) was created to act as a technical backstop to WSEG and to facilitate the recruitment of high-caliber scientific manpower." See U.S. Congress, Office of Technology Assessment. A History of the Department of Defense Federally Funded Research and Development Centers 互联网档案馆的存檔，存档日期2014-04-29., OTA-BP-ISS-157. Washington: U.S. Government Printing Office, June 1995, p. 26.
- ^ U.S. Department of Defense. Encyclopedia Britannica.
- ^ A history of the WSEG—whose life extended until September 1976—has been published in the IDA paper, "Analytical Support for the Joint Chiefs of Staff: The WSEG Experience, 1958–1976 （页面存档备份，存于互联网档案馆）." Alexandria, Va.: The Institute, 1979.