《超复杂》（英語：Complicated）是加拿大唱作歌手艾薇儿·拉维尼首张专辑《展翅高飞》的首支单曲，发行于2002年5月14日，由艾薇儿和创作团队The Matrix（斯科特·斯波克、劳伦·克里斯蒂和格雷厄姆·爱德华兹）共同创作，由The Matrix制作。这支单曲在澳大利亚榜单上蝉联六周冠军、在新西兰和墨西哥的榜单上蝉联九周冠军；在《公告牌》百强单曲榜上最高名列第二，仅次于耐利的《Hot in Herre》；在英国的榜单上最高达到第三位。根据该单曲的榜单表现，这首歌是艾薇儿最成功的单曲之一（仅次于2007年的单曲《女朋友》），它在当年发行的单曲中以超过300万的全球销量成为了2002年最成功的单曲之一。艾薇儿还以这首歌蝉联成人四十强单曲榜榜首16周，打破了娜塔莉·安博莉亚的《Torn》的记录。《超复杂》获得过“年度歌曲”及“最佳流行女歌手”两项格莱美奖的提名。
After being signed to Arista Records in November 2000 upon the authorization of the label's CEO, Antonio "L.A." Reid, Lavigne moved to New York with the assistance of Reid. There, she began working on her debut album, Let Go, collaborating with a host of prime songwriters and producers. For six months, the label set up Lavigne with two co-writers, who worked with her upon Arista's instructions. Reid expected Lavigne to record folk songs because she auditioned to them in a "balladic, 'new country'" type. However, the collective failed to click "with a girl who'd just discovered guitar-based rock". For a year, nothing was working for Lavigne and was on the verge of getting dropped off Arista. The management pitched her songs written by other songwriters, but she declined, insisting she wanted to write songs herself. Lavigne relocated to Los Angeles, where she collaborated with songwriter-producer Clif Magness, who gave her ample creative control in the writing process. Lavigne and Magness wrote "Losing Grip" and "Unwanted", songs that she deemed reflective of her vision for the entire album. However, Arista was not thrilled with the heavy-guitar laden songs that Lavigne was writing, prompting the label to look for other producers to match their demands.
Two years since she signed the deal, Lavigne came to the attention of the three-piece production team The Matrix. Arista could not find the right direction for Lavigne, so the team's manager, Sandy Roberton, suggested that they work together. According to member Lauren Christy, they had been listening to Lavigne's early songs and felt they contained "a Faith Hill kind of vibe". As soon as they saw Lavigne coming into their studio, The Matrix felt that her musical direction was incongruous to her image and attitude. After talking to Lavigne for an hour, the singer said she wanted songs with punk rock inclinations. They told her to come back the following day, and in the afternoon during that day, they wrote a song that evolved into "Complicated" and another song called "Falling Down". They played it to Lavigne when she came back the following day, inspiring her what path she should take.
When Josh Sarubin, the A&R executive who signed Lavigne to the imprint, heard the song, he knew it was right for her. Lavigne presented the song to Reid, who agreed the musical direction Lavigne and The Matrix were taking, and set "Complicated" as the album's lead single.
Composed in the key of F major, "Complicated" is a song about how people can feign or pretend in front of others. Lavigne said about the song: "People sometimes bother me how they're not real and how they're just, like, putting on a face and being two-faced". Lavigne stated that she experienced this with both boyfriends and female friends.
The video, directed by The Malloys, starts with Lavigne asking her bandmates if they want to "crash" the mall. They respond with enthusiasm, and skateboard there. The video features Lavigne and the band harassing shoppers and employees, generally causing havoc around the mall; for example, Lavigne watches her bandmates try on humorous clothing which is fittingly shown as Lavigne sings the line "You come over unannounced, dressed up like you're something else".
This is intercut with footage of Lavigne performing the song at a skatepark while playing the guitar, with her band performing with her. People can be seen skateboarding around Lavigne as she and her band perform the song. As the line "You fall and you crawl..." is sung, a skateboarder can be seen falling over.
The video was shot at Eagle Rock Plaza, Los Angeles, in 2 days. During the shooting, the mall remained open.
In January 2018, the video reached over 200,000,000 views on YouTube.
The song received generally positive reviews from critics. In 2009, Rolling Stone readers voted "Complicated" as the eighth Top single of the decade. "Complicated" also ranked at #197 in Blender magazine's "The 500 Greatest Songs Since You Were Born". Billboard ranked it at No. 83 of the 'Top 100 Singles of the Decade'. In an AOL Radio listener's poll, "Complicated" was voted Lavigne's sixth best song.
David Browne of Entertainment Weekly gave the song a B- and said "Avril Lavigne's not kidding about that title, she's the epitome of the blossoming anti-Britney movement". Christina Saraceno of Allmusic described 'Complicated' as "a gem of a pop/rock tune with a killer chorus" and noted similarities between it and the Pink song "Don't Let Me Get Me". Saraceno highlighted the song as a "track pick" in a review of the album, Let Go.
On a more negative note, Sal Cinquemani of Slant magazine described 'Complicated' as "infectious" and "more poser than punk". In a review of Lavigne's second album, Under My Skin, David Browne of Entertainment Weekly noted that "Complicated felt like strung-together bits of Morissette songs".
As of September 2015 "Complicated" has sold 1.1 million digital copies in the US and over 3 million copies worldwide.
The Canadian single of "Complicated" has shipped over 100,000 copies in Canada, where the song has been awarded the gold and platinum single certifications by the CRIA for, respectively, shipments of at least 50,000 and 100,000 singles shipped.The single was certified 2× Platinum in Australia.
Lavigne won Best New Artist in a Video at the 2002 MTV Video Music Awards for "Complicated". "Complicated" won in the Single of the Year category at the 2003 Juno Awards. In the United States, the song was nominated at the 2003 Grammy Awards for Best Female Pop Vocal Performance and Song of the Year; it lost both awards to Norah Jones's "Don't Know Why". In Brazil it was nominated in the category of best international video at the 2003 MTV Video Music Brazil.
|2002||MTV Video Music Awards||Best New Artist in a Video||獲獎|
|2003||Grammy Awards||Best Female Pop Vocal Performance||提名|
|Song of the Year||提名|
|Juno Awards||Single of the Year||獲獎|
|MTV Video Music Awards Japan||Best New Artist Video||獲獎|
|Video of the Year||提名|
|Best Female Video||提名|
|BMI Awards||Best Pop Song||獲獎|
|ASCAP Film and Television Music Awards||Best Pop Song||獲獎|
|Radio Music Awards||Song of the Year (Modern Adult Contemporary Radio)||獲獎|
|Ivor Novello Awards||International Hit of the Year||獲獎|
|Canadian Radio Music Awards||Best New "CHR" Solo||獲獎|
|Best New Solo "Mainstream AC / Hot AC"||獲獎|
|Socan Awards||Pop Music Award||獲獎|
|MTV Video Music Brasil||Best International Video||獲獎|
|2011||EVMA 2011||Video of the Decade||獲獎|
|2016||VEVO Certified||100,000,000 views||獲獎|
I Don't Give
I Don't Give
Complicated (music video)
Complicated (the Matrix remix)
I Don't Give
Complicated (Tom Lord-Alge remix)
Complicated (The Matrix remix)
- Avril Lavigne – Complicated. discogs. [5 September 2010].
- allmusic ((( Complicated > Overview ))). AllMusic. [10 September 2010].
- Saraceno, Christina. Let Go: Avril Lavigne. AllMusic. [14 March 2009].
- itunes.apple.com, "Let Go[永久失效連結]". Retrieved 6 September 2006.
- Avril Lavigne Trivia. tv.com. [1 January 2008]. （原始内容存档于26 July 2008）.
- Pak, SuChin; D'Angelo, Joe. Avril Lavigne: The Real Deal. MTV. [14 March 2009]. （原始内容存档于12 March 2009）. 已忽略未知参数
- Willman, Chris. Avril Lavigne The Anti-Britney. Entertainment Weekly. 1 November 2002 [14 March 2009].
- Corey, Moss. Britney Spears, Avril Lavigne Fall into The Matrix. MTV. 13 May 2003 [14 March 2009]. （原始内容存档于2 May 2008）. 已忽略未知参数
- Kaufman, Gil. It's Not 'Complicated' — 17-Year-Old Avril Lavigne Was Born To Rock. MTV. 21 May 2002 [14 March 2009].
- Eliscu, Jenny. Little Miss Can't Be Wrong. Rolling Stone. 20 March 2003 [16 March 2009].
- Jackson, Blair. Recording Vocals. Mixonline.com. 1 November 2002 [16 March 2009]. （原始内容存档于12 March 2009）.
- Buskin, Richard. The Matrix: Writing & Producing in LA. SOS. April 2006 [18 March 2009].
- Avril Lavigne. Avril Lavigne talking about COMPLICATED (Streaming video). YouTube. 事件发生在 0:15. 14 October 2008 [5 September 2010].
- Avril Paradise – Videografia. avril-paradise.com. [12 January 2009]. （原始内容存档于6 May 2006） （意大利语）.
- Rolling Stone Top singles of the decade. Rolling Stone. [8 December 2009].
- The 500 Greatest Songs Since You Were Born: 151–200. Blender.com. [8 December 2007]. （原始内容存档于13 January 2009）. 已忽略未知参数
- Billboard Hot 100 Songs of the decade. Billboard. [11 December 2009].
- Cheung, Nadine. Top 10 Avril Lavigne Songs. AOL Radio. [15 January 2011]. （原始内容存档于15 January 2011）. 已忽略未知参数
- Browne, David. Complicated: Avril Lavigne. Entertainment Weekly. 5 August 2002 [10 September 2010].
- Cinquemani, Sal. Slant Magazine Review. [7 August 2010]. （原始内容存档于6 June 2011）.
- Browne, David. Under My Skin (2004). Entertainment Weekly. 24 May 2004 [7 August 2010].
- Trust, Gary. Ask Billboard: Avril Lavigne's Best-Selling Songs & Albums. Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 6 September 2015 [6 September 2015].
- ARIA Charts – Accreditations 2002 Singles. aria.com.au. [19 December 2008]. （原始内容存档于7 March 2008）. 已忽略未知参数
- Complicated (liner notes). Avril Lavigne. RCA Records. 2002.
- MTV Video Music Awards 2002 – Winner. MTV. [20 December 2008].
- Grammy Awards: ecco le nominations. delrock.it. [20 December 2008] （意大利语）.
- MTV divulga lista de indicados ao VMB 2003. areavip.com. [24 December 2008]. （原始内容存档于13 January 2009） （葡萄牙语）. 已忽略未知参数
- "Australian-charts.com – Avril Lavigne – Complicated". ARIA Top 50 Singles. [December 20, 2017].
- "Austriancharts.at – Avril Lavigne – Complicated". Ö3 Austria Top 40. [December 20, 2017].
- "Ultratop.be – Avril Lavigne – Complicated". Ultratop 50. [December 20, 2017].
- "Ultratop.be – Avril Lavigne – Complicated". Ultratop 50. [December 20, 2017].
- Brazil (PDF). ABPD. October 6, 2001 [April 1, 2014].
- Avril Lavigne Let Go. Allmusic. [April 10, 2013].
- "Danishcharts.com – Avril Lavigne – Complicated". Tracklisten. [December 20, 2017].
- Avril Lavigne on Billboard.com. [10 September 2010].
- "Avril Lavigne: Complicated". Musiikkituottajat – IFPI Finland.
- "Lescharts.com – Avril Lavigne – Complicated". Les classement single. [December 20, 2017].
- "Offiziellecharts.de – Avril Lavigne – Complicated". GfK Entertainment Charts. [December 20, 2017].
- "Archívum – Slágerlisták – MAHASZ". Rádiós Top 40 játszási lista. Magyar Hanglemezkiadók Szövetsége. [2010-12-08].
- "The Irish Charts – Search Results – Complicated". 爱尔兰单曲榜.
- "Italiancharts.com – Avril Lavigne – Complicated". Top Digital Download. [December 20, 2017].
- Avril Lavigne – Complicated. [10 September 2010].
- "Dutchcharts.nl – Avril Lavigne – Complicated". Single Top 100.
- "Charts.org.nz – Avril Lavigne – Complicated". Top 40 Singles. [December 20, 2017].
- "Norwegiancharts.com – Avril Lavigne – Complicated". VG-lista. [December 20, 2017].
- Polish Airplay Charts - Lista krajowa 39/2002. PiF PaF Production. [November 18, 2016]. （原始内容存档于23 October 2007）. 已忽略未知参数
- Official Scottish Singles Sales Chart Top 100 - Official Charts Company. www.officialcharts.com. [12 April 2018].
- "Spanishcharts.com – Avril Lavigne – Complicated" Canciones Top 50.
- "Swedishcharts.com – Avril Lavigne – Complicated". Singles Top 100. [December 20, 2017].
- "Swisscharts.com – Avril Lavigne – Complicated". Swiss Singles Chart. [December 20, 2017].
- "Avril Lavigne: Artist Chart History" Official Charts Company. [April 25, 2017].
- "Avril Lavigne Chart History (Hot 100)" Billboard Hot 100 for Avril Lavigne. [April 25, 2017].
- "Avril Lavigne Chart History (Adult Contemporary)" Billboard Adult Contemporary for Avril Lavigne. [April 25, 2017].
- "Avril Lavigne Chart History (Adult Pop Songs)" Billboard Adult Pop Songs for Avril Lavigne. [April 25, 2017].
- "Avril Lavigne – Chart history" Billboard Latin Pop Songs for Avril Lavigne. [December 20, 2017].
- "Avril Lavigne Chart History (Pop Songs)" Billboard Pop Songs for Avril Lavigne. [April 25, 2017].
- "Avril Lavigne – Chart history" Billboard Tropical Airplay for Avril Lavigne. [December 20, 2017].
- ARIA Charts – End of Year Charts – Top 100 Singles 2002. Australian Recording Industry Association. [2011-01-14]. （原始内容存档于7 February 2012）. 已忽略未知参数
- Austrian Annual Charts 2002. AustrianCharts.at. [2011-01-14]. （原始内容存档于12 March 2014）. 已忽略未知参数
- Japan Hot 100 Annual 2002. Oricon. [October 8, 2016].
- Recording Industry Association of New Zealand. New Zealand Annual Chart. rianz.org.nz. 2002 [2011-01-14]. （原始内容存档于15 September 2008）. 已忽略未知参数
- Swiss Year-End Charts 2002. Swiss Singles Chart. [2011-01-14].
- 2002 UK Official Singles Chart (PDF). Charts Plus. [2011-01-14].
- ARIA Charts – Accreditations – 2002 Singles. Australian Recording Industry Association.
- Austrian single certifications – Avril Lavigne – Complicated. IFPI Austria. 在栏“Interpret”内进入“Avril Lavigne”。 在栏“Titel”内进入“Complicated”。 在栏“Format”内选择“single”， 并点击“Suchen”。
- Ultratop − Goud en Platina – 2002. Ultratop & Hung Medien / hitparade.ch.
- Brazilian single certifications – Avril Lavigne – Complicated. Associação Brasileira dos Produtores de Discos.
- Paid music certification for May 2012. Recording Industry Association of Japan （日语）.
- New Zealand single certifications – Avril Lavigne – Complicated. Recorded Music NZ.
- Norwegian single certifications – Avril Lavigne – Complicated. IFPI Norway.
- Guld- och Platinacertifikat − År 2002 (PDF). IFPI Sweden.
- The Official Swiss Charts and Music Community: Awards (Avril Lavigne; 'Complicated'). IFPI Switzerland. Hung Medien.
- British single certifications – Avril Lavigne – Complicated. British Phonographic Industry. 在“Keywords”栏中输入“Complicated”。在栏“Search by”中选择“Title”。 在栏“By Format”中选择“Single”。 在栏“By Award”中选择“Gold”并点击“Search”。