- ↓ Bailey W. Diffie and George D. Winius “In a war in which the Castilians were victorious on land and the Portuguese at sea, ...” in Foundations of the Portuguese empire 1415–1580 （页面存档备份，存于互联网档案馆）, volume I, University of Minnesota Press, 1985, p.152.
- ↓ Historian Malyn Newitt: “All things considered, it is not surprising that the Portuguese emerged victorious from this first maritime colonial war. They were far better organised than the Castilians, were able to raise money for the preparation and supply of their fleets and had clear central direction from ... [Prince] John.” In A history of Portuguese overseas expansion, 1400–1668, Routledge, New York, 2005, p.39,40.
- ↓ Mendonça, 2007, p. 102,103.
- BOWN, Stephen R.- 1494: How a family feud in Medieval Spain divided the world in half, D and M publishers inc., Canada, 2011.
- DIFFIE, Bailey W. and WINIUS, George D. – Foundations of the Portuguese Empire, 1415–1580 （页面存档备份，存于互联网档案馆）, Volume 1, University of Minnesota Press, 1985.
- HANSON, Carl- Atlantic emporium: Portugal and the wider world, 1147–1497", volume 47 de Iberian studies, University press of the South, 2002. ISBN 978-1889431888.
- LUNENFELD, Marvin- The council of the Santa Hermandad: a study of the pacification forces of Ferdinand and Isabella", University of Miami Press, 1970. ISBN 978-0870241437.
- MENDONÇA, Manuela- O Sonho da União Ibérica – guerra Luso-Castelhana 1475/1479, Quidnovi, Lisboa, 2007, book description. ISBN 978-9728998882
- NEWITT, Malyn (2005) A history of Portuguese overseas expansion, 1400–1668, New York: Routledge.
- ROBERTSON, Ian- Spain, the mainland", E. Benn, 1975.
- PALENCIA, Alfonso de- Gesta Hispaniensia ex annalibus suorum diebus colligentis, Década III and IV (the three first Décadas were edited as Cronica del rey Enrique IV by Antonio Paz y Meliá in 1904 and the fourth as Cuarta Década by José Lopes de Toro in 1970).