维基百科讨论:Guestbook for non-Chinese speakers/Archives/2021
About interwiki-link of 動力分散式列車
I removed link from wikidata:Distributed power to 動力分散式列車, because 動力分散式列車 differs from en:Distributed power. I think wikidata:multiple unit is more suiable, but I cannot add link from it, because it has already link to 動車組. So, please solve the problem. Thank you.--SlamDoorTrain（留言） 2021年1月14日 (四) 06:08 (UTC)
Добрый вечер. В проекте Тематическая неделя русской Википедии планируется 2-ая Китайская неделя. Так как первая неделя проводилась очень давно, то прошу участников китайского раздела, владеющих русским языком, помочь с набором необходимых статей из китайского и английского языковых разделов, поскольку те содержат информацию о Вашей стране намного бОльшую, чем русский раздел Википедии. С уважением, --Timur Rossolov（留言） 2021年3月18日 (四) 20:08 (UTC)
I am writing to apologize for what i have done
As you can see, I am rolling back entries step by step. If you can，i request to delete this entry──以上未簽名的留言由ContinueRit（討論｜貢獻）於2021年3月27日 (六) 17:33 (UTC)加入。
from sandbox to wikipedia
Please provide me the instruction to move article from sandbox to Wikipedia. thanks,──以上未簽名的留言由陳建民（討論｜貢獻）於2021年4月20日 (二) 06:49 (UTC)加入。
- @陳建民：Please read this help page: Help:页面重命名 (in Chinese) or en:Help:move (in English). --BlackShadowG（留言）维基百科20岁生日快乐！ 2021年4月23日 (五) 07:53 (UTC)
Seal script help requested
Not sure it this is the right place to ask, but as I can't think of any other place I will ask it here. The file I am requesting help for is only used at the English-language Wikipedia and not here, but I have trouble reading this seal from this document. I am still seeking help with six (6) characters.
Does someone here know what these charachters read in Traditional Chinese characters? -- 徵國單 (討論 🀄) (方孔錢 💴) 2021年5月24日 (一) 08:48 (UTC)
- Hi Donald Trung, I think the sixth and seventh characters are "總統", and you may ask it on WP:VPD if you can speak Chinese. --BlackShadowG（留言）维基百科20岁生日快乐！ 2021年5月24日 (一) 15:06 (UTC)
MIsplaced photo: Dead_Armenian_girl_in_Aleppo
The photo titled: Dead_Armenian_girl_in_Aleppo_desert(https://zh.wikipedia.org/zh-cn/%E4%BA%9A%E7%BE%8E%E5%B0%BC%E4%BA%9A%E7%A7%8D%E6%97%8F%E7%81%AD%E7%BB%9D#/media/File:Dead_Armenian_girl_in_Aleppo_desert.jpg), pls take a close look, the girl on the ground looks smiling rather than being taken by death.
Glenorie2021 —以上未加入日期時間的留言是于2021年4月29日 (四) 08:14 (UTC)之前加入的。
- Hi Glenorie2021, but the source of this photo is the Library of Congress, and it said that this photo is Armenian woman kneeling beside dead child in field "within sight of help and safety at Aleppo" .--BlackShadowG（留言）维基百科20岁生日快乐！ 2021年5月24日 (一) 15:13 (UTC)
Asking for info on a chinese person
Hello fellow editors! I'm from Hungarian Wikipedia and asking for help, or advices about not asking for help regarding this topic.
We have a rather detailed article now about bishop hu:Xie Shiguang. We have two kind of request for help:
- Is ther any image - preferably not copyrighted - of this person? We do have an image here but some doubts were raised that it is not even the person in question. Some people claim that the title is "Peter Zhang Shi-zhi" but he seems to be a very different person. For me (an European) it is not easy to answer any of these questions. Can you help?
- If we take that the person on the picture is indeed bishop Xie, could there be any copyright problem with it? We can't seem to be able to find the author, nor the creation date, nor any publishment, since these - as far as I know - all illegal on mainland China. Due to this we cannot establish that there even exists an original (physical) piece and in that case it seems that chinese copyright law article 13 says that the copyright owner is the person "owning" the "original", and since all digital copies are exactly the same any of those may be "original". Or, as for another aspect, we don't expect anyone to claim copyright since it'd mean jail time for him/her.
Please tell me if I am not supposed to ask such things. If it's still okay I'd appreciate any local knowledge on the matter, or help, or fact correcting (the article can be well translated back to Chinese by deepl.com)! Thank you! --Grin（留言） 2021年6月6日 (日) 10:24 (UTC)
- @Grin： Per this news report, the person in the picture is en:Xie Shiguang. And per these web pages , the author (or copyright holder) seem Kierein-Kuenring, Manfred Dieter (Archive Kierein), who is not died at present . Thus the image can be presumed as protected by copyright law. --SCP-0000（留言） 2021年6月6日 (日) 11:22 (UTC)
- Thank you, SCP-2000, for your help! Unfortunately the first source is probably using the image from the Hungarian news which is in turn using the image from the Wikipedia upload, and the only vaguely reliable source is Andreas Brender's website, which you have also quoted. They give a non-commercial usage permission but I will contact them about how reliably are they sure that the person is in fact Xie. I hoped Chinese people have some sources we do not have here outside, but it seems you don't have a Chinese source either. (As a sidenote the Vatican have just rejected my question since they serve only "scholars" with recent data, or at all.) --Grin（留言） 2021年6月7日 (一) 12:11 (UTC)
Can't edit Optoma wikipedia page
The Optoma wiki page is locked down for no good reason. Can an admin please unlock it? I have not seen any edits that have "destroyed" it.──以上未簽名的留言由126.96.36.199（討論）於2021年6月22日 (二) 09:13 (UTC)加入。
- Hi, do you mean this article? It is not protected yet, and you can edit this page. --BlackShadowG（留言）维基百科20岁生日快乐！ 2021年6月23日 (三) 09:40 (UTC)
I cannot edit it. I get this error "很抱歉！由於有IP用戶或新用戶對該等頁面做出破壞，類似的編輯行為已被禁止，如果您的編輯不是破壞，請至Wikipedia:互助客栈/求助向其他人請求協助。" every single time for 2 weeks now.
Hello, could you please nominate this template for deletion? The reason is, that website tv.com doesn't work. I don't know how to nominate a template for deletion and sorry, I don't have enough time to nominate this template on every wiki. Thanks!--Patrik L.（留言） 2021年7月27日 (二) 12:09 (UTC)
- Done, see Wikipedia:頁面存廢討論/記錄/2021/07/27#Template:Tv.com、Template:Tv.com/doc. Thank you for your report. --安忆Talk 2021年7月27日 (二) 12:25 (UTC)
Cross Wikipedia promotion and sock puppets for Prix Versailles
An investigation has found that articles on Prix Versailles 凡尔赛奖 and related subjects were the subject of a coordinated campaign of promotion, over several years and sixteen languages, involving numerous sock puppets and probably paid editing. Ten active and six older accounts were identified. Related subjects include Guy Savoy 居伊·萨沃伊. If you have any questions or comments reply here or post them at the Cross-Wikipedia section of the en Wikipedia discussion. (Machine translation.)
- en discussion
- en sock puppet investigation
- fr discussion
- fr sock puppet investigation
- meta sock puppet investigation TSventon（留言） 2021年7月28日 (三) 11:25 (UTC)
How do I know whether my new article is approved or not?
Hello, I'm new to Wikipedia. I wrote an article https://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/郭世佑 I would like to understand how to submit the article for approval? I don't see a menu option to do that. Also, how long will the review process take? Thank you very much! Also, I don't see the 4 tildes to sign. Am I using the correct editor?
Stoptosmellroses —以上未加入日期時間的留言是于2021年9月30日 (四) 08:14 (UTC)之前加入的。
- Stoptosmellroses, as you have published the article, it is not required to "submit for approval" and the article has been patrolled. In other words, the review process has been completed. The article may still be modified significantly in the future but the article is already publicly available. For signing, you should be able to sign by clicking at the top of the edit box (the default one). If you don't see the button, you can just type
~~~~manually. Sun8908 2021年9月30日 (四) 09:43 (UTC)
Research and article on the subject of Afghans in China
I wanted to find out more about this subject, the Afghan diaspora community living or studying in China. I'm not a native Chinese speaker, and information about this topic is extremely scarce in English so I had to rely on automatic translation in Chinese where I got a few sources like this one https://www.thepaper.cn/newsDetail_forward_13442222. But I found it difficult to find more. For example, key info like what the population figure of this community is, or where in China they reside, or about their employment/trade.
Of course the reason for this is precisely because I wanted to build a Wikipedia article about this (in English), but I had difficulties with sources so I could not. I requested on 维基百科讨论:条目请求/地理 for someone to possibly consider making such an article. But maybe it's better if contributors here are interested in researching and gathering sources in Chinese, perhaps if that can lead to an article on the Chinese Wikipedia, and then I can help get it over to English Wikipedia. --Weaveravel（留言） 2021年11月12日 (五) 14:07 (UTC)