- While the Queen's House at Greenwich is often referred to as England's first consciously classical building, its completion was delayed until 1635, some thirteen years after the completion of the Banqueting House. Halliday, p 149
- Coppelstone, p 835
- William, p 47
- Images of England: Banqueting House, English Heritage, [2008-02-29]
- Dunning, Robert. 1991. Somerset Country Houses. Wimborne, Dorset: The Dovecote Press.
- The Department for the Environment. The Banqueting House Whitehall. Her Majesty's Stationery Office. 1983. ISBN 0-86056-106-2.
- Fletcher, B (1921). A History of Architecture on the Comparative Method. London: B.T. Batsford, Ltd.
- Halliday, E. E. (1967). Cultural History of England. London: Thames & Hudson.
- Williams, Neville (1971). Royal Homes. Lutterworth Press. ISBN 0-7188-0803-7