|獎項||John Llewellyn Rhys Prize |
|受影響於||Isaac Asimov, Augustine, Paul Auster, John Banville, Jorge Luis Borges, Mikhail Bulgakov, Italo Calvino, Peter Carey, Anton Chekov, Joseph Conrad, Don DeLillo, Bob Dylan, Neil Gaiman, Russell Hoban, Ursula K. Le Guin, Haruki Murakami, Vladimir Nabokov, Friedrich Nietzsche, George Orwell, Muriel Spark, Jun'ichirō Tanizaki, Richard Wright|
- Mitchell, D. January Man. Best of Young British Novelists 2003 (Granta). 2003 [2007-09-24]. （原始内容存档于2012-01-03）.
- Linklater, A. The author who was forced to learn wordplay. Life & Style (London: The Guardian). 2007-09-22 [2007-09-23]. （原始内容存档于2008-07-04）.
- Mitchell, D. (2009): The Massive Rat  （页面存档备份，存于互联网档案馆） (Short Story published in "The Guardian" 01/08/2009)
- Mitchell, D. (2009): Character Development  （页面存档备份，存于互联网档案馆） (Short Story published in "The Guardian" 02/09/2009, taken from Amnesty International's anthology "Freedom")
- The world begins its turn with you, or how David Mitchell's novels think. Chapter in B. Schoene. The Cosmopolitan Novel. Edinburgh University Press, 2009.
- Begley, Adam. David Mitchell, The Art of Fiction No. 204. The Paris Review. [2012-08-28]. （原始内容存档于2021-01-15）.
- David Mitchell. Good Reads. [2012-08-28]. （原始内容存档于2013-11-08）.
- "My wife and I moved to the UK in 2002 because it dawned on us, midway through her second trimester, that back in England I could support the soon-to-be three of us from my earnings as a writer alone. If we had stayed in Japan, on the other hand, where the cost of living was higher, I would have had to stick with the day job in order to bring home enough yen, and I would have been unable to help with the imminent arrival any more than an average Japanese husband—that is, not a lot." http://www.theparisreview.org/interviews/6034/the-art-of-fiction-no-204-david-mitchell （页面存档备份，存于互联网档案馆）
- Adam Begley. David Mitchell, The Art of Fiction No. 204. Paris Review. Summer 2010 [2012-08-28]. （原始内容存档于2021-01-15）.
- David Mitchell's official website （页面存档备份，存于互联网档案馆）
- Profile at the official Man Booker Prize site
- David Mitchell - How I Write, Untitled Books, May 2010
- "Get Writing: Playing With Structure" by David Mitchell at BBC.co
- "Character Development" by David Mitchell （页面存档备份，存于互联网档案馆）, a short story from The Guardian (2009)
- "David Mitchell, the Experimentalist" （页面存档备份，存于互联网档案馆）, New York Times Magazine, June 2010
- "The Floating Library: What can't the novelist David Mitchell do?" （页面存档备份，存于互联网档案馆）, The New Yorker, 5 July 2010
- "David Mitchell: The philosophy of stories and The Wire", 3news.co.nz, 12 August 2011