- Temple of Zeus 互联网档案馆的存檔，存档日期2007-02-05. at Archaeopaedia, Stanford University
- (Hellenic Ministry of Culture: The sanctuary site at Olympia, including the Temple of Zeus 互联网档案馆的存檔，存档日期2010-03-09.
- Preceding the Temple of Zeus in the temenos at Olympia were the archaic structures: "the temple of Hera, the Prytaneion, the Bouleuterion, the treasuries and the first stadium." 互联网档案馆的存檔，存档日期2010-03-09.
- Pausanias, v. 10.3.
- Marie-Louise Säflund, The East Pediment of the Temple of Zeus at Olympia: A Reconstruction and Interpretation of Its Composition, Studies in Mediterranean Archaeology, 27 (Götheborg) 1970, summarised fifty-eight previous reconstructions; her reconstruction has been widely but not universally accepted.
- King Oinomaos would only let his daughter wed if a suitor could beat him in a chariot race. Pelops, the man who fell in love with Hippodameia altered the Kings chariot by replacing the axle linchpins with beeswax and consequently the king died and he married the Kings daughter. Oenomaus' violation of dike was symbolised by the thirteen heads of unsuccessful suitors, hung on columns in his palace.After the successful race, Zeus with a thunderbolt destroyed the palace.One wooden column left standing was shown to Pausanias with this commentary.
- A.F. Stewart and N.D Tersini, "The gesture of Apollo in the west pediment of the Temple of Zeus at Olympia", American Journal of Archaeology 86 (1982:287f).
- Pediments of the temple of Zeus, 470 - 456 BC at www.sikyon.com
- Bank of Greece 互联网档案馆的存檔，存档日期2009-03-28.. Drachma Banknotes & Coins: 1000 drachmas 互联网档案馆的存檔，存档日期2007-10-05.. – Retrieved on 27 March 2009.
- Hurwit 1987:6.
- Hellenic Ministry of Culture 互联网档案馆的存檔，存档日期2010-03-09..
- Hellenic Ministry of Culture and Tourism, Olympia