- Foster care. Dictionary.com. [2012-06-16].
- Hurley, Kendra (2002). "Almost Home" Retrieved June 27, 2006.
- Carlson, E.A. A prospective longitudinal study of disorganized/disoriented attachment. Child Development. 1998, 69 (4): 1107–1128. JSTOR 1132365. PMID 9768489. doi:10.1111/j.1467-8624.1998.tb06163.x.
- Knowlton, Paul E. (2001). "The Original Foster Care Survival Guide"; A first person account directed to successfully aging out of foster care.
- McCutcheon, James, 2010. "Historical Analysis and Contemporary Assessment of Foster Care in Texas: Perceptions of Social Workers in a Private, Non-Profit Foster Care Agency". Applied Research Projects. Texas State University Paper 332.
- The Mental Health of Children in Out-of-Home Care: Scale and Complexity of Mental Health Problems
- Effects of Enhanced Foster Care on the Long-term Physical and Mental Health of Foster Care Alumni
- The impact of foster care on development 
- Effects of early psychosocial deprivation on the development of memory and executive function 
- Enduring neurobehavioral effects of early life trauma mediated through learning and corticosterone suppression 
- Chisholm, Hugh (编). Boarding-Out System. 大英百科全書 第十一版. 劍橋大學出版社. 1911年.