希臘人（希臘語: Έλληνες, 國際音標：[ˈe̞line̞s]）是一個世居於東地中海地區一帶的民族，已有超過四千年的歷史。目前希臘人主要居住於歐洲東南部的巴爾幹半島、地中海東部的塞浦路斯島以至世界各地，總人口約1600萬。
| 希臘 9,903,268|
|新西蘭||est. 2,478 to 10,000, possibly up to 50,000 |
|義大利||110,000–200,000d (2013 estimate)|
|保加利亚||1,356 (2011年普查) up to 28,500 (estimate)|
c 那些声明的种族起源包括“希腊人”等。 声称种族起源“完全”是“希腊人”的人数为 145,250 人。 另外还有3,395名未申报种族的塞浦路斯人居住在加拿大。
d约 60,000 格利艾克人 和 30,000 名二战后移民
- ^ Maratou-Alipranti 2013，第196: "The Greek diaspora remains large, consisting of up to 4 million people globally."頁 harvnb error: no target: CITEREFMaratou-Alipranti2013 (help)
- ^ Clogg 2013，第228: "Greeks of the diaspora, settled in some 141 countries, were held to number 7 million although it is not clear how this figure was arrived at or what criteria were used to define Greek ethnicity, while the population of the homeland, according to the 1991 census, amounted to some 10.25 million."頁 harvnb error: no target: CITEREFClogg2013 (help)
- ^ 2011 Population and Housing Census (PDF). Hellenic Statistical Authority. 12 September 2014 [18 May 2016]. （原始内容 (PDF)存档于16 July 2016）.
The Resident Population of Greece is 10.816.286, of which 5.303.223 male (49,0%) and 5.513.063 female (51,0%) ... The total number of permanent residents of Greece with foreign citizenship during the Census was 912.000. [See Graph 6: Resident Population by Citizenship]
- ^ Statistical Data on Immigrants in Greece: An Analytic Study of Available Data and Recommendations for Conformity with European Union Standards (PDF). Archive of European Integration (AEI). University of Pittsburgh. 15 November 2004 [18 May 2016]. （原始内容存档 (PDF)于2022-10-09）.
[p. 5] The Census recorded 762.191 persons normally resident in Greece and without Greek citizenship, constituting around 7% of total population. Of these, 48.560 are EU or EFTA nationals; there are also 17.426 Cypriots with privileged status.
- ^ Population - Country of Birth, Citizenship Category, Country of Citizenship, Language, Religion, Ethnic/Religious Group, 2011. [12 May 2018]. （原始内容存档于12 June 2018）.
- ^ Cole 2011，Yiannis Papadakis, "Cypriots, Greek", pp. 92–95 harvnb error: no target: CITEREFCole2011 (help)
- ^ Where are the Greek communities of the world?. themanews.com. Protothemanews.com. 2013 [14 August 2015]. （原始内容存档于4 March 2016）.
- ^ Total ancestry categories tallied for people with one or more ancestry categories reported 2011–2013 American Community Survey 3-Year Estimates. American FactFinder. U.S. Department of Commerce: United States Census Bureau. 2013 [23 May 2016]. （原始内容存档于14 February 2020）.
- ^ U.S. Relations with Greece. United States Department of State. 10 March 2016 [18 May 2016].
Today, an estimated three million Americans resident in the United States claim Greek descent. This large, well-organized community cultivates close political and cultural ties with Greece.
- ^ Statistical Yearbook Germany Extract Chapter 2: Population, Families and Living Arrangements in Germany. Statistisches Bundesamt: 21. 14 March 2013.
- ^ https://www.abs.gov.au/census/find-census-data/community-profiles/2021/AUS/download/GCP_AUS.xlsx Template:Bare URL spreadsheet
- ^ United Kingdom: Cultural Relations and Greek Community. Hellenic Republic: Ministry of Foreign Affairs. 9 July 2013.
There are between 40 and 45 thousand Greeks residing permanently in the UK, and the Greek Orthodox Church has a strong presence in the Archdiocese of Thyateira and Great Britain ... There is a significant Greek presence of Greek students in tertiary education in the UK. A large Cypriot community – numbering 250–300 thousand – rallies round the National Federation of Cypriots in Great Britain and the Association of Greek Orthodox Communities of Great Britain.
- ^ "Immigration and Ethnocultural Diversity Highlight Tables". statcan.gc.ca.
- ^ 引用错误：没有为名为
- ^ Greeks Around the Globe. AusGreekNet. （原始内容存档于19 June 2006）.
- ^ South Africa: Cultural Relations and Greek Community. Hellenic Republic: Ministry of Foreign Affairs. 4 February 2011. （原始内容存档于19 June 2006）.
- ^ Italy: Cultural Relations and Greek Community. Hellenic Republic: Ministry of Foreign Affairs. 9 July 2013.
The Greek Italian community numbers some 30,000 and is concentrated mainly in central Italy. The age-old presence in Italy of Italians of Greek descent – dating back to Byzantine and Classical times – is attested to by the Griko dialect, which is still spoken in the Magna Graecia region. This historically Greek-speaking villages are Condofuri, Galliciano, Roccaforte del Greco, Roghudi, Bova and Bova Marina, which are in the Calabria region (the capital of which is Reggio). The Grecanic region, including Reggio, has a population of some 200,000, while speakers of the Griko dialect number fewer that 1,000 persons.
- ^ Grecia Salentina. Unione dei Comuni della Grecìa Salentina. 2016 （意大利语）.
La popolazione complessiva dell'Unione è di 54278 residenti così distribuiti (Dati Istat al 31° dicembre 2005. Comune Popolazione Calimera 7351 Carpignano Salentino 3868 Castrignano dei Greci 4164 Corigliano d'Otranto 5762 Cutrofiano 9250 Martano 9588 Martignano 1784 Melpignano 2234 Soleto 5551 Sternatia 2583 Zollino 2143 Totale 54278).
- ^ Bellinello 1998，第53: "Le attuali colonie Greche calabresi; La Grecìa calabrese si inscrive nel massiccio aspromontano e si concentra nell'ampia e frastagliata valle dell'Amendolea e nelle balze più a oriente, dove sorgono le fiumare dette di S. Pasquale, di Palizzi e Sidèroni e che costituiscono la Bovesia vera e propria. Compresa nei territori di cinque comuni (Bova Superiore, Bova Marina, Roccaforte del Greco, Roghudi, Condofuri), la Grecia si estende per circa 233公里（145英里）q. La popolazione anagrafica complessiva è di circa 14.000 unità."頁 harvnb error: no target: CITEREFBellinello1998 (help)
- ^ English version of Greek Ministry of Foreign Affairs reports a few thousand and Greek version 3.800. MFA.gr.
- ^ Rippin, Andrew (2008). World Islam: Critical Concepts in Islamic Studies. Routledge. p. 77. ISBN 978-0415456531.
- ^ Parvex R. (2014). Le Chili et les mouvements migratoires, Hommes & migrations, Nº 1305, 2014. doi: 10.4000/hommesmigrations.2720.
- ^ Ukraine: Cultural Relations and Greek Community. Hellenic Republic: Ministry of Foreign Affairs. 4 February 2011.
There is a significant Greek presence in southern and eastern Ukraine, which can be traced back to ancient Greek and Byzantine settlers. Ukrainian citizens of Greek descent amount to 91,000 people, although their number is estimated to be much higher by the Federation of Greek communities of Mariupol.
- ^ Итоги Всероссийской переписи населения 2010 года в отношении демографических и социально-экономических характеристик отдельных национальностей.
- ^ The Greek Community. （原始内容存档于13 June 2007）.
- ^ France: Cultural Relations and Greek Community. Hellenic Republic: Ministry of Foreign Affairs. 9 July 2013.
Some 15,000 Greeks reside in the wider region of Paris, Lille and Lyon. In the region of Southern France, the Greek community numbers some 20,000.
- ^ Belgium: Cultural Relations and Greek Community. Hellenic Republic: Ministry of Foreign Affairs. 28 January 2011.
Some 35,000 Greeks reside in Belgium. Official Belgian data numbers Greeks in the country at 17,000, but does not take into account Greeks who have taken Belgian citizenship or work for international organizations and enterprises.
- ^ Argentina: Cultural Relations and Greek Community. Hellenic Republic: Ministry of Foreign Affairs. 9 July 2013.
It is estimated that some 20,000 to 30,000 persons of Greek origin currently reside in Argentina, and there are Greek communities in the wider region of Buenos Aires.
- ^ CBS Statline.
- ^ Bevolking; geslacht, leeftijd, generatie en migratieachtergrond, 1 januari. Central Bureau of Statistics (CBS). 22 July 2021 [16 January 2022] （荷兰语）.
- ^ Население по местоживеене, възраст и етническа група. censusresults.nsi.bg. [2020-10-15].
- ^ Bulgaria: Cultural Relations and Greek Community. Hellenic Republic: Ministry of Foreign Affairs. 28 January 2011.
There are some 28,500 persons of Greek origin and citizenship residing in Bulgaria. This number includes approximately 15,000 Sarakatsani, 2,500 former political refugees, 8,000 "old Greeks", 2,000 university students and 1,000 professionals and their families.
- ^ Immigration to Uruguay (PDF). INE. [6 March 2013]. （原始内容 (PDF)存档于16 August 2013） （西班牙语）.
- ^ Sweden: Cultural Relations and Greek Community. Hellenic Republic: Ministry of Foreign Affairs. 4 February 2011.
The Greek community in Sweden consists of approximately 24,000 Greeks who are permanent inhabitants, included in Swedish society and active in various sectors: science, arts, literature, culture, media, education, business, and politics.
- ^ Georgia: Cultural Relations and Greek Community. Hellenic Republic: Ministry of Foreign Affairs. 31 January 2011.
The Greek community of Georgia is currently estimated at 15,000 people, mostly elderly people living in the Tsalkas area.
- ^ Migranti z Řecka v Česku [Migrants from Greece in the Czech Republic] (PDF). Hellenic Republic: Ministry of Foreign Affairs. 9 March 2011 [25 April 2019]. （原始内容存档 (PDF)于2022-10-09） （捷克语）.
- ^ Kazakhstan: Cultural Relations and Greek Community. Hellenic Republic: Ministry of Foreign Affairs. 3 February 2011.
There are between 10,000 and 12,000 ethnic Greeks living in Kazakhstan, organized in several communities.
- ^ Switzerland: Cultural Relations and Greek Community. Hellenic Republic: Ministry of Foreign Affairs. 10 December 2015.
The Greek community in Switzerland is estimated to number some 11,000 persons (of a total of 1.5 million foreigners residing in the country.
- ^ Romania: Cultural Relations and Greek Community. Hellenic Republic: Ministry of Foreign Affairs. 6 December 2013.
The Greek Romanian community numbers some 10,000, and there are many Greeks working in established Greek enterprises in Romania.
- ^ Greeks in Uzbekistan. Central Asia-Caucasus Analyst. The Central Asia-Caucasus Institute. 21 June 2000.
Currently there are about 9,500 Greeks living in Uzbekistan, with 6,500 living in Tashkent.
- ^ Bevölkerung nach Staatsangehörigkeit und Geburtsland
- ^ Vukovich, Gabriella. Mikrocenzus 2016 – 12. Nemzetiségi adatok [2016 microcensus – 12. Ethnic data] (PDF). Hungarian Central Statistical Office (Budapest). 2018 [9 January 2019]. ISBN 978-963-235-542-9. （原始内容存档 (PDF)于2022-10-09） （匈牙利语）.