- Winterhalder, B., R. Larsen, and R. B. Thomas. Dung as an essential resource in a highland Peruvian community. Human Ecology. 1974., 2: 89–104. doi:10.1007/BF01558115.
- Antibiotics and Hormones in Animal Manure (Webcast): A two part webcast series about the science available on potential risks and best management practices related to antibiotics and hormones from animal manure
- Cornell Manure Program
- Livestock and Poultry Environmental Learning Center, an eXtension community of practice about animal manure management
- Manure Management, Water Quality Information Center, U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Manure advice for use in gardens
- Green Plant Organic Fertilizer