- Bruil, Rudolf A. (January 8, 2004). "Linear Tonearms." Retrieved on July 25, 2011.
- Gelatt, Roland. The Fabulous Phonograph, 1877–1977. Second rev. ed., [being also the] First Collier Books ed., in series, Sounds of the Century. New York: Collier, 1977. 349 p., ill. ISBN 0-02-032680-7
- Heumann, Michael. "Metal Machine Music: The Phonograph's Voice and the Transformation of Writing." eContact! 14.3 — Turntablism (January 2013). Montréal: CEC.
- Koenigsberg, Allen. The Patent History of the Phonograph, 1877–1912. APM Press, 1991.
- Reddie, Lovell N. The Gramophone And The Mechanical Recording And Reproduction Of Musical Sounds. Annual Report of the Board of Regents of the Smithsonian Institution. 1908: 209–231 [2009-08-07].
- Various. "Turntable [wiki]: Bibliography." eContact! 14.3 — Turntablism (January 2013). Montréal: CEC.
- Weissenbrunner, Karin. "Experimental Turntablism: Historical overview of experiments with record players / records — or Scratches from Second-Hand Technology." eContact! 14.3 — Turntablism (January 2013). Montréal: CEC.
- c.1915 Swiss hot-air engined gramophone at Museum of RetroTechnology
- Interactive sculpture delivers tactile soundwave experience
- Very early recordings from around the world
- The Birth of the Recording Industry
- The Cylinder Archive
- Cylinder Preservation & Digitization Project – Over 6,000 cylinder recordings held by the Department of Special Collections, University of California, Santa Barbara, free for download or streamed online.
- Cylinder players held at the British Library – information and high-quality images.
- History of Recorded Sound: Phonographs and Records
- EnjoytheMusic.com – Excerpts from the book Hi-Fi All-New 1958 Edition
- Listen to early recordings on the Edison Phonograph
- Mario Frazzetto's Phonograph and Gramophone Gallery.
- Say What? – Essay on phonograph technology and intellectual property law
- Vinyl Engine – Information, images, articles and reviews from around the world
- The Analogue Dept – Information, images and tutorials; strongly focused on Thorens brand
- 45 rpm player and changer at work on YouTube
- Historic video footage of Edison operating his original tinfoil phonograph
- Turntable History on Enjoy the Music.com