- Keane, Peter. Tyke: It's all the Vikings' fault (sort of). BBC Bradford and West Yorkshire. BBC. [16 April 2008].
- Can I help you!. BBC Bradford and West Yorkshire. BBC. 5 October 2006 [5 January 2007].
- Yorkshire named top twang as Brummie brogue comes bottom | UK news | guardian.co.uk
- Alexander, D. (2001). Orreight mi ol'. Sheffield: ALD. ISBN 1-901587-18-5. A book about the traditional Sheffield dialect.
- Jones, M. J. (2002). "The origin of Definite Article Reduction in northern English dialects: evidence from dialect allomorphy". English Language and Linguistics 6.2: 325–345.
- Wakelin, M. F. (1977). English Dialects: An Introduction, Revised Edition, London: The Athlone Press.
- Watt, D. and Tillotson, J. (2001). "A spectrographic analysis of vowel fronting in Bradford English". English World-Wide 22:2, pp 269–302. Available at 
- Wells, J. C. (1982). Accents of English 2: The British Isles. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. ISBN 0-521-28540-2.
- Sounds Familiar? – Listen to examples of regional accents and dialects from across the UK on the British Library's 'Sounds Familiar' website
- English Accents and Dialects collection on the British Library Collect Britain website.
- Yorkshire Dialect website
- Yorkshire Dialect Society
- East Riding Dialect Society at Yorkshire Dialect website by Barry Rawling
- Chapter from an 1892 book on "Yorkshire Folk Talk". The descriptions focus on the dialect specifically of the East Riding
- Dialect Poems from the English regions
- Whoohoo Yorkshire Dialect Translator
- Guide to Yorkshire words given to international recruits to the Doncaster West N.H.S.
- A Glossary of Provincial Words in Use at Wakefield in Yorkshire, 1860, full book online, copyright has expired.
- Yorkshire Dialect from the BBC's "The Story of English."