- ^ JBS Newspaper Nov 2014
- ^ Principles of the John Birch Society, 1962. （页面存档备份，存于互联网档案馆） "We believe that a Constitutional Republic, such as our Founding Fathers gave us, is probably the best of all forms of government"
- ^ LectLaw （页面存档备份，存于互联网档案馆） "We believe that our system of government, a Constitutional Republic, is the finest yet developed by man."
- ^ The JBS Mission. The John Birch Society. [2010-02-18]. （原始内容存档于2010-02-23）.
- ^ Blumenthal, Max. Republican Gomorrah : inside the movement that shattered the party. New York, NY: Nation Books. 2010: 332. ISBN 978-1568584171.
Skousen's vocal support for the Far-right John Birch Society's claim that communists controlled President Dwight Eisenhower cost him the support of the corporate backers who had paid for his Red-bashing lecture tours.
- ^ Eatwell, Roger, Introduction: The new extreme right challenge, Western Democracies and The New Extreme Right challenge (Routledge), 2004: 7 [2020-07-08], ISBN 9781134201570, （原始内容存档于2017-03-23）
Potok, Mark, The American radical right: The 1990s and beyond, Western Democracies and The New Extreme Right challenge (Routledge), 2004: 43 [2020-07-08], ISBN 9781134201570, （原始内容存档于2017-03-23）
- ^ Bernstein, Richard. The JFK assassination and a '60s leftist prism Letter from America. International Herald Tribune (Paris). 2007-05-21: 2.
Jordan, Ida Kay. Voters Admired N.C. Senator's Independent Streak, Southern Charm. The Virginian-Pilot (Norfolk, Va.). 2001-08-26: J.1.
Brinkley, Douglas. The Right Choice for the C.I.A.. The New York Times. 1997-02-10: A.15.
- ^ Webb, Clive. Rabble rousers: the American far right in the civil rights era. Athens, GA: University of Georgia Press, 2010 ISBN 0820327646 p. 10