1995年，Benford E. Standley制作了历史上第一批音频/视频网络广播（之一）。
1997年9月，Nebraska Public Television started webcasting Big Red Wrap Up from Lincoln, Nebraska which combined highlights from every Cornhusker football game, coverage of the coaches' weekly press conferences, analysis with Nebraska sportswriters, appearances by special guests and questions and answers with viewers.
On October 22, 1998, the first Billy Graham Crusade was broadcast live to a worldwide audience from the Raymond James Stadium in Tampa Florida courtesy of Dale Ficken and the WebcastCenter in Pennsylvania. The live signal was broadcast via satellite to PA, then encoded and streamed via the BGEA website.
The first teleconferenced/webcast wedding to date is believed to have occurred on December 31, 1998. Dale Ficken and Lorrie Scarangella wed on this date as they stood in a church in Pennsylvania, and were married by Jerry Falwell while he sat in his office in 林奇堡.
Virtually all major broadcasters now have a webcast of their output, from the BBC to CNN to Al Jazeera to UNTV in television to Radio China, Vatican Radio, United Nations Radio and the World Service in radio.On November 4, 1994, Stef van der Ziel distributed the first live video images over the web from the Simplon venue in Groningen. On November 7, 1994, WXYC, the college radio station of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill became the first radio station in the world to broadcast its signal over the internet.
- Shiao, Dennis. Webcasting 101: Planning and Executing High Quality Webcasts. INXPO. 26 December 2012 [15 May 2013]. （原始内容存档于2013-01-27）.
- Overview of Webcasting and Podcasting. WebMarketCentral. [15 May 2013].
- Heavy Metal Metallica Plans to Rock Cyberspace: Apple Computer to 'Webcast' band's concert. San Francisco, CA, USA: SFGate. May 30, 1996 [2017-01-09]. （原始内容存档于2012-01-21）.
- Benford "Buffalo" Earl Sandley. Digital Media Festival.
- Internet Innovators (PDF). BBC. November 24, 2005.
- CADUSEUS – BBC news feature. January 12, 2010.
- Big Red Wrap-Up Now on World Wide Web. Scarlet (University of Nebraska-Lincoln). September 26, 1997. （原始内容存档于2016年11月16日）.
- Year in reviews August. Montreal, CA: The Montreal Mirror. December 25, 1998 [2008-11-24]. （原始内容存档于2008-12-01）.
- Various TV News Clips. Online (Toronto, CA: Various). August 13, 1998.
- Graham, Billy. Occupying Till He Returns (PDF). BillyGraham.org.
- Gibb, Tom. Hollidaysburg couple plans to be virtually wed on the Web. Post-Gazette. 31 December 1998.
- Radio, Vatican, [2017-01-09], （原始内容存档于2004-03-24）.
- First Webcast. Jet-Stream. November 4, 1994. （原始内容存档于2012年4月25日）.
- Grossman, Wendy. Communications: Picture the scene. Online (Manchester, United Kingdom: The Guardian). January 26, 1995: 4.
- Blanton, Kimberly. Can't make the ceremony? Watch the wedcast. The International Herald Tribune / The Boston Globe. October 22, 2007.
- Lee-St. John, Jeninne. Wedcasting. Time. December 6, 2007.
- Funeral webcasting is alive and well, Spectrum (IEEE).