- Data are from national censuses conducted in 2010 or 2011 in the reported countries.
- U.S. Census Bureau, Statistical Abstract of the United States: 2003, Section 1 Population (pdf). U.S. Census Bureau: 59 pages. [2008-06-29]. （原始内容存档 (PDF)于2014-12-28） （英语）. Table 47 gives the figure of 214,809,000 for those five years old and over who speak exclusively English at home. Based on the American Community Survey, these results exclude those living communally (such as college dormitories, institutions, and group homes), and by definition exclude native English speakers who speak more than one language at home.
- The Cambridge Encyclopedia of the English Language, Second Edition, Crystal, David; Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press,  (2003-08-03).. [2008-06-29]. （原始内容存档于2016-03-03）.
- Population by mother tongue and age groups, 2006 counts, for Canada, provinces and territories – 20% sample data 页面存档备份，存于互联网档案馆, Census 2006, Statistics Canada.
-  页面存档备份，存于互联网档案馆 Main Language Spoken at Home. The figure is the number of people who only speak English at home.
- Census in Brief 互联网档案馆的存檔，存档日期2007-08-09., page 15 (Table 2.5), 2001 Census, Statistics South Africa.
- Languages spoken 互联网档案馆的存檔，存档日期2007-03-29., 2006 Census, Statistics New Zealand. No figure is given for the number of native speakers, but it would be somewhere between the number of people who spoke English only (3,008,058) and the total number of English speakers (3,673,623), if one ignores the 197,187 people who did not provide a usable answer.