- Eric Hopkins 'Industrialisation and Society', p.206.
- Barron, Hester. The 1926 Miners' Lockout: Meanings of Community in the Durham Coalfield (2010)
- Ferrall, Charles, and Dougal McNeill, eds. Writing the 1926 General Strike: Literature, Culture, Politics (Cambridge University Press, 2015).
- Gildart, Keith. "The Women and Men of 1926: A Gender and Social History of the General Strike and Miners' Lockout in South Wales", Journal of British Studies, (July 2011) 50#3 pp 758–759
- Gildart, Keith. "The Miners' Lockout in 1926 in the Cumberland Coalfield", Northern History, (Sept 2007) 44#2 pp 169–192
- Hattersley, Roy. Borrowed Time: The Story of Britain Between the Wars (2008) pp 115–42.
- Laybourn, Keith. The General Strike of 1926 (1993)
- Morris, Margaret. The General Strike (1976) 479pp; detailed history
- Mowat, Charles Loch. Britain between the wars: 1918-1940 (1955) pp 284–338, A non-partisan account.
- Perkins, Anne. A Very British Strike: 3–12 May 1926 (2008)
- Phillips, G A. The General Strike: The Politics of Industrial Conflict (1976)
- Reid, Alastair, and Steven Tolliday, "The General Strike, 1926", Historical Journal (1977) 20#4 pp. 1001–1012 in JSTOR, on historiography
- Robertson, D. H. "A Narrative of the General Strike of 1926", Economic Journal (1926) 36#143 pp 375–393 in JSTOR by a leading economics professor
- Saltzman, Rachelle Hope. A Lark for the Sake of Their Country: The 1926 General Strike Volunteers in Folklore and Memory. Manchester University Press, 2012.
- Saltzman, Rachelle H. "Public Displays, Play, and Power: The 1926 General Strike." Southern Folklore: Façade Performances (Special Issue) (1995) 52(2):161-186.
- Saltzman, Rachelle H. “Folklore as Politics in Great Britain: Working-Class Critiques of Upper-Class Strike Breakers in the 1926 General Strike.” Anthropological Quarterly Vol. 67, no. 3, 1994, pp. 105–121., https://www.jstor.org/stable/3317548
- Somervell, D.C. The Reign of King George V, (1936) pp 351–68.online free
- Taylor, Robert. TUC: From the General Strike to New Unionism (2000) 313pp
- Skelley, Jeffrey. The General Strike 1926. Lawrence and Wishardt, London 1976
- Smith, Harold. Remember 1926. A book list. Remember 1926, Coventgarden 1976
- Turnbull, Tommy. A Miners Life The History Press 2007
- The General Strike at Spartacus Educational
- Ten Days in the Class War – Merseyside and the 1926 General Strike in Autumn 2006 issue of Nerve magazine, Liverpool
- The General Strike Overview and reproductions of original documents at The Union Makes Us Strong, History of Trades Union Congress
- General Strike 1926 at Sheffield City Council.
-  A socialist analysis of the strike by the Socialist Party of England and Wales General Secretary, Peter Taaffe.
- Reporting the General Strike: Contemporary accounts of "The Nine Day Wonder", digitised documents from the Modern Records Centre, University of Warwick