| 英國 37.6 million in|
英格兰 and 威尔士
|Significant English diaspora in|
|美國||50 million (1980)a|
|澳大利亚||7.8 million (2016)b|
|加拿大||6.3 million 2016)c|
|南非||1.6 million (2011)d|
- The 2011 England and Wales census （页面存档备份，存于互联网档案馆） reports that in England and Wales 32.4 million people associated themselves with an English identity alone and 37.6 million identified themselves with an English identity either on its own or combined with other identities, being 57.7% and 67.1% respectively of the population of England and Wales.
- Bureau, U.S. Census. American FactFinder - Results. Factfinder2.census.gov. [21 August 2017]. （原始内容存档于18 January 2015）.
- United Kingdom-born Community Information Summary: 2016 Census (PDF). homeaffairs.gov.au. 2018 [14 December 2019].
- Government of Canada, Statistics Canada. Census Profile, 2016 Census - Canada [Country] and Canada [Country]. www12.statcan.gc.ca. 2017-02-08 [December 14, 2019].
- Census 2011: Census in brief (PDF). Pretoria: Statistics South Africa. 2012: 26. ISBN 9780621413885. （原始内容存档 (PDF)于13 May 2015）. The number of people who described themselves as white in terms of population group and specified their first language as English in South Africa's 2011 Census was 1,603,575. The total white population with a first language specified was 4,461,409 and the total population was 51,770,560.
- (Ethnic origin) The 2006 New Zealand census 互联网档案馆的存檔，存档日期19 February 2008. reports 44,202 people (based on pre-assigned ethnic categories) stating they belong to the English ethnic group. The 1996 census used a different question 互联网档案馆的存檔，存档日期19 February 2008. to both the 1991 and the 2001 censuses, which had "a tendency for respondents to answer the 1996 question on the basis of ancestry (or descent) rather than 'ethnicity' (or cultural affiliation)" and reported 281,895 people with English origins; See also the figures for 'New Zealand European'.